Lesson Six of the Bully-Busting Program: Conflict Resolution Steps-The Win/Win Guidelines. In this lesson, students learn to solve normal conflict by using the Six Steps of the Win/Win Guidelines:
1. Take time to cool off.
2. Use “I Messages” to state feelings. During this process there should be no blaming, no name calling, and no interrupting each other.
3. Each person restates the problem to allow fo rclarification and
undertanding. (I heard you say..)
4. Each person shares their responsibility for the problem.
5. Brainstorm solutions together-choose a solution that satisfies both.
6. Affirm, forgive, or thank each other.
This process takes lots of practice!
Please use the Win-Win Guidelines at home to help reinforce our District’s
Bully-Busting Program. Thank you.